While Snapchat isn’t quite as popular of an app as it once was, it is still worth keeping it in your social media arsenal. Snapchat is still one of the most entertaining apps out there, and despite not being the newest app on the market, it keeps coming up with new and innovative features. We have collected 7 new and old tips and tricks that lets Snapchat make your life just a little bit easier. Check out these SnapChat tips and tricks.
1. Choose the skin tone of your emogis
Don’t have Lego yellow hands? No problem. Snapchat actually lets you choose a default emoji skin tone so that you can match your own. Snapchat is all about customization, and one thing you can customize is the skin color of your emojis. You can set your default skin tone to whatever you want, and your emojis will automatically show up with the chosen skin tone. Finally you can give a thumbs up in your real skin color instead of in Lego yellow. Check out these SnapChat tips:
- Go to settings
- Click on manage
- Click on Emoji skin tone
2. Bitmoji swag
Creating Bitmojis has been a popular trend that several other social networks have tried to jump on. Reinventing yourself as a cartoon character is fun in itself. As is changing outfits, hairstyles, makeup, and more. But one thing you might not have been aware of? You can get Bitmoji swag featuring your very own bitmoji. There’s nothing stopping you if you decide you want a phone case, stickers, sweatpants, t-shirts, or even a mug featuring your Bitmoji alter ego. Read more abou these SnapChat tips:
- To go to the Snap Store to get the merch to rep your Bitmoji self, you simply tap your Bitmoji up in the left corner, and scroll down to “Shop Bitmoji Merch”, you’ll be able to customize items and choose different Bitmoji images.
3. Math problems
Bet you didn’t know Snapchat could help you with your math homework, huh? Well, if you ever get stuck, Snapchat’s Math Solver is ready to get you unstuck. Even with calculus. Check out these SnapChat tips
- Look next to Product Finder. Hold and press the screen in order to scan your math problem.Snapchat solves your problem, and you’ll see the answer via Photomath.
4. Turn off SnapMap
With Snap Map your friends can see where you are, and you can see where they are. However, if you’re among the people who value your privacy and would rather not have your location disclosed at all times, you can disable this feature. Check out these SnapChat tips
- Enter Snap Map Mode, tap on Gear, and then Ghost Mode. In Ghost Mode, none of your friends can see your location.
5. Control how long chats stay
Sure, part of the allure with Snapchat has been the fact that snaps disappear immediately after they have been viewed by the receiver. And the same is true for chats; as soon as they have been viewed by the person you sent them to and yourself, they disappear. But it doesn’t have to be that way. You can choose whether chats are deleted right after you’ve seen them, or whether they can bee seen 24 hours after viewing. No more accidentally clicking a chat and not getting to actually read it before it disappears into the void! Read more about these SnapChat tips:
- Go to the Friends Screen, press and hold your friend’s name and click More, then Delete Chats, and it will let you choose either 24 Hours after Viewing or After Viewing.
6. Find song titles with Shazam
If you are out and about and hear a song you really like but you don’t know what it’s called? Don’t despair, Snapchat’s got your back. You can use the Shazam integration to find out what song is playing around you. It doesn’t work for all songs, probably less for older, more obscure music, but it’s still a pretty nifty feature. Read more about these SnapChat tips:
- Launch the app, press and hold the camera view until the app figures out what song is playing.
7. Make your own filters and lenses
Half the fun of Snapchat is of course all the filters and lenses you can add to your photos. But did you also know that you can create your own? You can even select when, time, and where, geolocation, you want your filter or lens to be available. Of course, to make the filter available for others you need to pay for it. But plenty of people are willing to spend $9.99 to create their own filters for holidays, birthdays and even weddings. So far, this feature is only available in the US. Read more about these SnapChat tips:
- You can create your own filter by going to Profile, then Settings, and tap on Filters & Lenses.