How to Place file to Root Directory of Website: There are certain scenarios where you need to place some files to the root directory of your website. However, in most of the situations, we are not aware of what exactly is the “root” directory of our website and even if we know it, we are not sure of how shall we access it and how shall we upload a file to that directory.
There are certain ways through which we can access the directories of our website. You can use FTP client such as FileZilla or you can use cPanel for accessing the directories of your website. In this tutorial, we will be using cPanel to place file to root directory of website.
Also Read: How to Encrypt Files on Mac
How to Place File to Root Directory of Website using cPanel
In this section, we will be providing all the necessary steps in detail to place file to root directory of website using cPanel. Please make sure you follow the instructions very carefully. DO NOT PLAY with cPanel directories as it may cause severe consequences to your website. So, be careful while implementing the steps mentioned below. Now, let us start implementing the steps to place file to root directory of website.
- Go to your hosting provider (like GoDaddy) and login to your account.
- In the Web Hosting section, click on Manage button corresponding to your site.
- Now, click on cPanel button at the top right. This will open your cPanel page.
- Here, click on File Manager.
- You have your entire File Manager in front of you now with all the directories and files readily available. Here, you need to get into your root directory.
- The root directory of a wordpress site is public_html. So, double click on public_html.
- Now, at the top bar, click on the upload option.
- This will ask you to upload the file you want to place in root directory of website. So, just choose the file and it will be uploaded.
So, these were the few steps to place file to root directory of website using cPanel. Hope you liked this article on How to place file to root directory of website using cPanel. In case of any issues or concerns, feel free to reach out to us via comments section which is placed right below this post. We would try to resolve any issue you face at the earliest. Thanks.