Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms out there. It allows users to share photos or videos, combined with a short caption. It also comes with a Stories feature that enables users to share photos or short videos that disappear in 24-hours. While it is an amazing tool, you might run into an Instagram error every now and then.
People love Instagram because it is a more aesthetic platform that tends to minimize some of the negativity that is prevalent on other popular forms of social media. It is easy to sign up, simple to use, and provides a great way to find and connect with others.
However, there are problems that arise which cause Instagram to deliver an Instagram error message, making it unusable for people. This can be frustrating for users who are just trying to post their photo or scroll through their feed.
The good news is, when an Instagram error arises, there is typically an easy fix that will help users get their app up and running again in next to no time.
“Sorry, there was a problem with your request”
One of the most common Instagram error messages that Instagram delivers is, “Sorry, there was a problem with your request.” This message is usually sent when a user is attempting to log in, making it impossible for them to get onto their account. This tends to cause quite a bit of worry for users who receive this message, however there is typically an easy fix.
There isn’t one specific reason that Instagram gives out the “Sorry,” message. In fact, Instagram gives this message for a number of reasons, including:
- Login information – There may be a temporary bug or problem that prevents the Instagram server from connecting with your login information.
- Downed servers – The usual cause of the Instagram error message is that the Instagram servers are down. If the servers are down, it can prevent users from logging in and accessing their account. This is the most common problem, only lasts temporarily, and tends to fix itself on its own.
- Network or device issues – Devices and the network store app data. If the information becomes corrupt, it can cause the network or the device to stop remembering the data. This can cause users to be unable to log in.
How to troubleshoot the “Sorry, there was a problem with your request” error
When you receive the “Sorry, there was a problem with your request,” Instagram error message, it may just require a bit of waiting before the problem resolves itself. If not, there are some steps to take so that you can troubleshoot and fix the issue.
STEP 1: Check servers
The first thing you will want to do when you begin troubleshooting Instagram is to see if the Instagram servers are down. This can be as simple as asking other people if they are having trouble logging into or using Instagram. You can also check for outages online on websites such as “DownDetector.”
If you determine that Instagram servers are down, your best option is to wait until it resolves.
Step 2: Check network and devices
If the Instagram servers are not down, your next step is to try and log in from a different device. If you are able to log in from another device, then the issue is likely with your phone. Resetting your phone may help you to log back in.
You can also try to use different networks, as there may be an issue with the IP address. If that is the case, using a different network should enable you to log in on your phone.
If you are unable to log in from a different device or on a different network, continue the troubleshooting steps.
Step 3: Log in phone number reset
Once you arrive at this step, it’s fairly likely that the problem you’re having is with your actual log in. Resetting the phone number that is associated with your account can resolve this issue.
In order to do this, you will need to:
- Log into your Instagram account from a computer.
- Click on “edit profile.”
- Choose “add or change your phone number.”
- Go to the Instagram app.
- Click on “Forgot password.”
- Choose to send the login link to your phone number, which you just changed.
- Once you receive the text message, enter the code.
At this point, you should be able to log in to your account. However, if you are still receiving the Instagram error message, continue onto step four.
Step 4: Use the clone app
Use the Clone app to clone Instagram and attempt login. Your device settings for the app can create issues, and cloning it can help resolve the issue. In order to use the Clone app to help, you will need to:
- Search in Google Play for “Parallel Space,” install, and open the app.
- When you open the app, it will load all of your device’s applications.
- Choose Instagram and click, “Add to Parallel Space.”
- Open Instagram and log in.
Final thoughts about this Instagram error
Receiving an Instagram error message when you’re trying to log in to your Instagram account can be frustrating, but the good news is, it’s likely a simple fix. Follow these steps and you should be back on your account in no time. Download the latest Instagram app and feel free to check out our other posts at TechDescribed.