Videos are an extremely important part of any WordPress website. You can use video to tell your brand’s story, to showcase products, to show funny clips and as a way to better connect and engage with customers and potential customers. This article will cover how to embed videos in WordPress.
Thanks to YouTube there are millions of videos that are already online that you can add to your WordPress website quite simply. Whether it’s a pre-existing YouTube video or a video you have created and uploaded, here is how to get the video from YouTube to your WordPress website:
How to embed videos in WordPress
WordPress comes with a convenient feature called auto-embeds. This feature allows your website to automatically receive the embed code from popular video hosting platforms like YouTube and Vimeo. Here are a few instructions on how to embed videos in WordPress:
- All that you have to do is to paste the video URL into the WordPress editor. For example, you can copy the YouTube URL for any video that you want embedded on your WordPress website.
- Next, you’ll need to edit the WordPress post or page where you want to add the video and paste the URL into the content area.
- As soon as you paste the video’s URL, WordPres will automatically get the embed code and display the YouTube video inside of the content editor.
- Now you can save your post and click on the preview button to see the embedded video in your blog post.
- After the video has been added, you can change its settings from the block toolbar and Settings column found on the right.
- You can now adjust the video width, make it full-width, change alignment and any other adjustments you’d like to make. You can even add a caption and preserve the video’s aspect ratio on mobile devices.
Embed videos in WordPress using the classic WordPress editor
If you are still using the old WordPress classic editor, you can still embed videos the same way.
- Copy the URL from YouTube and paste it into the editor. You will see a preview of the video if you are using the visual editor.
- You won’t be able to, however, use the width adjustment and other options that are available with the WordPress block editor.
How to embed videos in WordPress sidebar widgets
Just as you do with a WordPress page or post, you can also embed videos in WordPress sidebar widgets. This will provide a quick overview on how to embed videos in WordPress widgets:
- Go to Appearance —> Widgets and add the Text widget to a sidebar.
- Inside the widget settings, you will need to paste the video URL in the content area.WordPress will automatically get the embed code and display the video preview.
Embedding videos via YouTube’s share button
Another way to embed a YouTube video into your WordPress blog post that is extremely easy is by using YouTube’s share button. This section will cover how to embed videos in WordPress via YouTube’s share button:
- Find the video on YouTube that you are looking to embed.
- Click the Share link (found under the video).
- Under Share this Video, copy the video address to the clipboard.
- Log into your WordPress Admin panel and click edit on the post or page that you want to add the video on.
- Place your cursor where you want the video to appear and paste the YouTube address. You will immediately see that WordPress shows the video in position.
- Click Update.
- Test your video by viewing the page or post.
By using these simple methods to add YouTube videos to your WordPress website, you will see it’s a pretty easy process that can be done quickly. A few quick steps and you’re on your way to adding compelling and engaging content to your website to attract more customers! Check out other tips and tricks at techdescribed.com.