How To change Snapchat username: Snapchat is one of the most popular social media platform for sharing images, videos or stories. In fact Snapchat is the one who brought the concept of ‘One Day’ stories. There are millions of active users and Snapchat and people like its editing effects too much. Seriously this is one of the biggest reasons behind its popularity and success.
You might be the one of the Snapchat users like me who wants to change his username. Years back we have chosen a username and now we are feeling like its too old fashion and this is the time to change it. Now days, people are choosing their user names too seriously. That is correct also because there are so many users who are following you. No matter what the platform is, display name and profile picture should be perfect. So let’s starts with how to change Snapchat username.
Here at very beginning we want to clear that changing Snapchat user name is not possible. But don’t get disappointed we have a workaround for changing Snapchat username. Snapchat won’t allow changing user names because of security reasons. Read more below about how to change SnapChat username.
How To Change Snapchat Username – Workaround
By using this workaround method you’ll be able to change Snapchat display name. Display name is the thing which is being displayed everywhere. You username is not visible until and unless someone is coming to you profile and checking it. So changing display name is also a good idea. If you are not at all satisfying with this method you have to create a new Snapchat account.
Creating new Snapchat account won’t transfer your previous account data. Means all you old conversation, snap streaks, bitmoji, friends will be lost. You have to add all your friends manually into new account. But here is a good thing that you don’t need to delete your current account before creating a new one. Once you have created a new account you can login to the older account anytime to check your friends name and add them in new account. Here we would like to give one suggestion if most of your Snapchat friends are added in contact list kindly sync your contact list. It will be easier to find them.
Let’s us now discuss how to change Snapchat display name.
- Open Snapchat app and click on the bitmoji in the top left corner.
- Now you have to navigate to Snapchat settings, for that click on the gear icon in top right corner.
- Once you have entered in setting menu there you’ll find multiple options. Click on ‘Name’ field. There are other fields also like Username, Birthday, Mobile Number and many more. But this time we are dealing with Name field.
- As soon as you’ll click on Name field it will allow you to enter new name. Now choose carefully your display name because it will appear on chats and stories instead of your username.
- Once you have entered the display name click on Save.
In case you want to Sign Out from Snapchat and login with new account follow the steps:
- Open Profile >> Bitmoji >> Gear Setting Option >> Logout
- Then click on Sign Up for creating a new Snapchat account.
So these are the easiest step to change your Snapchat Display Name. Hope you like this article How to Change Snapchat Username. Feel free to share your thoughts via comments section below.