How to Build a Contact Form with WPForms
If you are building a website, a contact form is a vital piece of the website pie. The form allows users to get in touch with you, ask you any questions about products or services and give you valuable feedback. A contact form is just a great way to stay in touch and stay in communication with your customers and potential customers. We prefer to build a form with WPForms, so this article will cover how to build a form with WPForms.
Benefits of a website contact form
- User-friendly: Instead of users having to exit your website, open their email, find your email address and message you, or worse, search your website for a phone number, find their phone and dial the number, they are able to easily send you a message from one convenient place and perhaps the best part is, they will stay on your website to perform this communication.
- Spam protection:When you display your email openly on your website, you’re opening yourself up to receiving thousands of spam messages. By using a contact form, you can get rid of annoying spammers.
- Organized information: Instead of sorting through an email where people can go off on tangents or omit vital information, you can control the messaging in a contact form. You can ask for the specific information that you need so that you don’t have to send follow up emails and so that things don’t get lost in translation while also receiving only relevant details from the customer.
There are more contact form plugins available for WordPress than WPForms, but we think that it is the absolute best and the easiest to use, here’s why:
- Very easy to use, even for beginners.
- You can create all sorts of contact forms: from basic contact forms to advanced forms. They are all easy to create and require no coding.
- It comes in a free version and paid versions, so it’s up to you to choose which plan works best for your needs and your budget.
How to build a form with WPForms
- Install the WPForms plugin: To do this, open your WordPress dashboard and install the WPForms Lite plugin by going to Plugins » Add New. In the search field, type WPForms to find the plugin. Once you find the right one, click the Install Now button. Once it’s installed, you’ll need to click the Activate button to complete the installation process. Finally, you will see see a welcome page appear on your screen and a WPForms menu in your WordPress admin area. There is instructions included as well on how to build a form with WPForms.
- Create a Contact Form in WordPress: Go to WPForms » Add New in your WordPress admin area. This will open form setup page. Enter your form name and select the Simple Contact Form. This will open WPForms drag-and drop-form builder, and there you will find a ready-to-use simple contact form. It’s a pre-made form in WPForms. The pre-made form has the basic fields: Name, Email, and Message. If this meets your needs, you can now click the Save button at the top. But, if it does not meet your needs, you can add additional fields to your contact form. To do this, simply drag them from the panel on the left-hand side to the panel on the right-hand side. Using WPForms Lite, you can use only the standard fields on your form. If you want to use Fancy Fields and Payment Fields, you’ll need to purchase WPForms Pro. This will allow you to create advanced forms like order forms, donation forms, survey forms, and so on. If you want to customize the form, all you have to do is drag the fields and reorder them. Also, you can customize the form fields by clicking the Field Options tab. Once all of your customizations are complete, save your changes. You can always view the tutorial in the plugin on how to build a form with WPForms.
- Configure Notifications and Confirmations: Now that your contact form has been created, you will need to configure your form notifications and confirmations properly. A form notification is an email you will receive after a user submits a message via the contact form your site. To configure your form notifications, go to Settings » Notifications in your form creation area. Here you will see default settings already there which you can simply leave untouched if you want the administrator email to receive the messages. This feature makes it easy for beginners. FYI: a form confirmation is what your website visitor sees after submitting a message via the form on your site. It can be a thank you email, display a page, or redirect them to a specific URL. To configure your form confirmation, go to Settings » Confirmation in your form creation area. You can see the form confirmation type Message by default which you can leave as is or change it to Show page or Go to URL. If you made any changes, be sure to click the Save button so that you don’t lose any progress.
- Add Your WordPress Contact Form in a Page: Now that you’ve created and configured your contact form settings, it’s ready for use in your WordPress page or post. So, create a new page or open to edit an existing page where you want to add the contact form. In your post or page editor, go to the Add Form button and click on it. A popup box will pop up. Select the contact form you want to add and click the Add Form button. A contact form short code will be added to your page content. Now save your page. Then you can open/ preview the page to see how your contact form looks.
- Add Your Contact Form in the Sidebars: If you are looking to add your contact form in the sidebars or other widget-ready areas, including your site’s footer, you can use this to build a form with WPForms widget.In your WordPress dashboard, go to Appearance » Widgets and navigate to the WPForms widget. Next, drag the widget to the sidebar area on the right-hand side of the page. Add the title for your widget and select your form from the drop down menu and click the Save button.
That’s it! Now you know how to build a form with WPForms! Your contact form with WPForms should be up and running. We recommend that you use analytics to track and measure how your contact forms are performing and make any necessary tweaks and adjustments. Take a peak at other articles on TechDescribed for more tips and tricks.