How to Fix ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE: Recently I was trying to log in to one of my own websites and this error caught me by surprise. I reloaded the page and it worked. I thought it would have been a network glitch and completely Ignored this error. However, this error kept bugging me time to time and every time I got rid of it by simply reloading the web page. I thought there could be some caching issue on my mobile and didn’t take it seriously. However, after a couple of days, the same error popped up on my laptop as well and that was the time when I decided to take this one seriously and fix it as soon as possible.
You might be getting this error for a specific website or on a specific browser or on a specific network. Well, there are a number of reasons that can cause ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error. After diving deep into ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error, I summarized few methods to resolve this issue. These methods have been listed below. Please make sure you implement all the steps carefully without fail. By the end of this article, you should be able to resolve ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE. So, let us not waste anytime further and get started with fixing this error code.
HOW TO FIX ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE
Make yourself ready to implement these methods to fix ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE. All the concerned methods are listed below.
METHOD 1: CHANGE DNS ADDRESS
DNS (Domain Name Server) is used to map the hostname with IP Address. Any conflict in DNS address can cause ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE. So let us first try to change this address to fix ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE. Follow the steps given below to change the DNS address.
- Go to Control Panel.
- Select Network and Internet option.
- Now click on Network and Sharing Center.
- From the left menu, click on Change adapter settings.
- Now right click on the concerned network and choose Properties.
- Click on Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4) option.
- Click on Properties button.
- Make sure the radio button of Use the following DNS server address is enabled.
- Now type the following addresses in the respective text boxes:
Primary DNS Server: 126.96.36.199
Alternate DNS Server: 188.8.131.52
- Once done, try to load the web page that was causing ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error and check if the issue still persists.
METHOD 2: RESET NETWORK SETTINGS BY CMD
Follow the steps given below to reset network settings on your system.
- Click on the Search icon and type cmd.
- Right-click on cmd and select Run as Administrator. This will open the command prompt as an Administrator.
- Now type the following commands within the command prompt and make sure you hit the Enter key after each command.
netsh int ip set dns
netsh winsock reset
- Now, restart your system. Then, try to open the webpage that was causing ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE and check if the error still persists.
METHOD 3: CLEAR BROWSING DATA
There is a high possibility that Google Chrome is using cache memory to fetch the web page and hence throwing ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE. So, better clear out the browsing data including the cache memory and cookies. We have listed the steps below for clearing the browsing data from Google Chrome. Make sure you follow each and every step carefully to get rid of Google Chrome ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error message.
- Launch Google Chrome on your machine.
- Press Ctrl + H to go to the History page of Google Chrome. From the left menu, select clear browsing data option.
- This will open a pop-up. From the Time Range option, select All time option.
- Now click on Clear Data button.
Once you implement all these steps carefully, try to access the web page that was causing ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error message and check if the error still persists.
METHOD 4: RESTART YOUR ROUTER
Sometimes the Google Chrome ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error message is just a fluke, may be due to a network glitch. So, first turn off your router for around 30-40 seconds. After 40 seconds, turn on your router and then launch Google Chrome on your device. Now try to access the webpage that was causing the error message and check of Google Chrome ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE still persists.
So these were the few methods to fix Google Chrome ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error message. Hope you were able to get this thing resolved. In case of any issues, please reach out to us by posting comments in the section below.