Fix Err Connection Timed Out Google Chrome Error: Google chrome is considered as one of the most useful software for Windows. Most of the windows users are using Google Chrome as there default browser just because of its amazing features and functionality. Some basic features of chrome is like light weight software, faster, incognito mode and many more. We would like to discuss some advanced features of chrome also.
Chrome has its own task manager that shows how much memory and CPU usage each tab and plug-in is using. Dynamic tabs feature is also there which allows you to drag it out and it will act as new window. You can also drag a new window to already opened tabs. Other than this whenever you will open new tab it will show you thumbnails of the websites which you visited the most. Common search bar and address bar is also there. These are some of the features of Google Chrome and believe me these are not even 20% of that big features list.
Despite of these features and functionality Google Chrome has some error and one of those is, ERR_Connection_Timed_Out. Believe me it is one the most common error you don’t have to worry if you are getting this. We recommend you to just go through fix err connection timed out article you’ll be ending up fixing this issue.
You can get this error while loading some specific websites or when your internet connection is limited. There can me other reasons also like outdated chrome, corrupt file, DNS not responding etc. so we will explain each and every aspect of this error and try to help out our readers.
Fix Err Connection Timed Out Google Chrome Error
For fixing err connection timed out Google Chrome error we have multiple ways. If first one doesn’t suits you go for next one. But before starting we would like to suggest creating system restore point. These solutions are common for all windows 7/8/10.
Edit Windows Host File
There are chances that windows host is blocking access to some of the websites. So whenever you’ll be trying to open those err connection timed out issue arises. All you have to do is deleting files from host file.
- First of all go to Notepad and then click ‘Run as Administrator’.
- Now browse to location C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.
- After this from file type select All Files.
- Now open hosts file from the list and scrolled down till last till. If you find any website address or IP address after last ‘#’ please consider deleting it.
- Finally click on File and Save the notepad changes. Now try to open the website for which you were getting err connection timed out issue.
LAN Settings – Proxy Adjustments
One more solution to fix err connection timed our Google Chrome is by adjusting the LAN settings. Mostly users will use proxy servers for LAN either automatically detecting settings. Basically you have to disable these options. This can be proved as a help.
- Go to Control Panel and then Internet Options.
- You will get Internet option menu from there select Connections and then LAN Settings.
- Now deselect both ‘Automatic Detect Settings’ and ‘Use a Proxy Server for your LAN’.
- Restart your system once and check whether you are getting the same error or not.
Make Use of Google DNS
- First of all go to Control Panel and ‘Network and Internet’.
- Now select WiFi and go to its Properties by double clicking on it.
- Now select Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4) and go to its Properties.
- Under General Tab select Use the following DNS Server addresses and give –
- Preferred DNS Server as – 188.8.131.52
- Alternate DNS Server as – 184.108.40.206
- Click Ok and restart your computer once.
Clear Browsing Data
Sometimes clearing browsing data can fix Err Connection Timed Out issue in Google Chrome (Err_Connection_Timed_Out).
- Open Google Chrome browsing history.
- Press Ctrl + H then Clear Browsing Data and make sure you will be deleting data from the time of beginning.
- Also, make sure Browsing History, Download History, Cookies and Other site and plugin data, Cached images and files, Password and Autofill form data must be checked in.
- Now click on Clear Browsing Data and wait till it ends. (It may take more time depending when you cleaned this last).
- Close your browser and restart your PC once.
- Now check if error persists or not.
DNS and IP Renew/ Flush
Err_Connection_Timed_Out on Google Chrome can be fixed by renewing the DNS and IP. But before renew we have to erase those from system.
- Open Command Prompt with Administrator Rights.
- Now type below mentioned commands one by one in same order –
First give Ipconfig /flushdns
Secondly type Ipconfig /registerdns
Third try to give Ipconfig /release
Forth command is Ipconfig /renew
Last command is Netsh winsock reset
- Once you applied all these commands in command prompt restart your device and check for same error once.
These are some common fix for Err Connection Timed Out Google Chrome. Hopefully, one of the above mentioned software will help you. If not, try to reach us via comments. Read another article or view more tips at TechDescribed.com.