Gone are the days of storing all of our important phone numbers in a little black book. These days, most of our vital information is kept within the walls of our iPhones. It’s a convenient practice, we don’t have to worry about losing our little black books, the dog eating them or the books getting wet. But, problems do happen with iPhones, they can crash, get lost or stolen. That’s why it’s vital that we backup our contacts in our iPhones.
Backup contacts with iCloud
iPhones have a default way to back up all of those important contacts of yours. It’s called iCloud, which is a platform that gives server space to Apple users in order for them to be able to store media, documents and other information securely. Here is how you can backup your contacts using iCloud:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone
- Tap Device Name
- From the list of options, tap iCloud
- You will see your iCloud status. Scroll down to “Apps Using Cloud” and check to see if the Contacts option is On or not
- If it is not on, simply tap to turn it on, you will know it’s on when it is green.
- If you are asked to merge your contacts, tap Merge
Backup contacts using iTunes
iTunes is another option from Apple that you can use to backup your contacts.’
- Connect your device to a computer using a USB cable
- Launch iTunes
- On the left side, select the option that says Info
- You will see an option that is titles “Sync your Contacts,” check that in order to backup your contacts
- Click Apply to save the settings and your contacts will be automatically synced with the iTunes application
Backup using EaseUs MobiMover
EaseUs MobiMover is a data transfer tool that offers free iOS transfer services. With this service, you can move your contact data from your iPhone or iPad to a computer using the software. In addition to contacts, MobiMover allows the transfer of media and documents like audio, videos and photos from your iPhone to your computer. Here’s how:
- Go to the official download page for MobiMover and install it
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable. If a prompt pops up, tap on Trust
- Launch EaseUS MobiMover and select the Phone to PC option from the left sidebar
- Click on Next. This will start the backup process
- MobiMover will present all of the files on your iPhone. From the list, choose Contacts (or whatever you would like to backup) and then click on Transfer
- The default transfer location will be your desktop. But, you can change it depending on what you prefer
- The backup file for all of your contacts will be saved in the specified location
Backing up your contacts is extremely important and as you can see, there are a few options to do so. Use this guide to find your preferred method to backup your contacts and give yourself some peace of mind should anything happen to your iPhone. You can also backup your messages, applications, music and documents.
Take a peak around TechDescribed to explore other tips and tricks.