Windows 10 update Error 0xc1900101: As we all know that Windows 10 is the latest version available for the most popular operating system that is windows. Windows 10 is already popular with its users because of its new features and ease of accessibility. While surfing internet we came to know that users are suffering from different errors while installing windows 10 updates. One of the most common updates among them is Windows 10 update error 0xc1900101.
Windows 10 is a very big platform so you will be facing some lags and spaces while using it. For fixing these issues different companies will be providing updates. Recently Windows 10 got an update from spring creators which you can download manually or wait for your system to update via Windows Updates. This is quite a big update so you can expect some errors or hindrance while installing. It is not like that you will only get this error 0xc1900101 while installing or updating windows 10 but this article is specially devoted to Windows 10 update error 0xc1900101.
Symptoms of Windows 10 update error 0xc1900101
Usually, these types of errors are coming while installing windows update. Below we noted down two points when you likely to get this error 0xc19001101.
- Once Windows 10 installation is completed and system restarts to install updates. But after system restarts you will notice it is not going forward then windows logo it just stuck on that logo. In this case, you can follow the steps which we discussed below.
- In one more case, you will face this error 0xc1900101 that is during installation system suddenly restarts and changes are reverting to the previous version. After this system restarts again and trying to update the latest install but that install is not getting completing and finally you will get error 0xc1900101.
Windows 10 Update Error 0xc1900101 – Fixes
Before jumping to the solution we would like to give some suggestions so that if in case anything goes wrong you will able to get your system back in working state.
- Make sure all the antivirus or 3rd party security programs are disabled or uninstalled from the system.
- Disconnect all the USB devices connected to your system.
- Run ‘Windows Update Troubleshooter’ (Settings >> Update and Security >> Troubleshoot >> Windows Update) or you can download and run Windows 10 Update Troubleshooter.
Solution 1: Re-install the Windows 10 update
Suppose last time you are having antivirus or 3rd party security enabled that might be the cause of your error. Sometimes these software’s don’t allows installing the update because of the un-trusted source and you will end up facing errors like 0xc1900101. So in order to fix Windows 10 update error 0xc1900101 follow the below mentioned steps:
Uninstalling the updates:
- Open run command box by pressing Win + R.
- Then search for services.msc and try to locate Windows Update.
- Now you have to stop the update by right clicking on Windows Update and then choose Stop.
- Close Services window and restart your PC.
- Go to Start > Settings > Update and Security.
- Now click on Check for Updates.
- Wait until your update and install are complete.
Solution 2: Windows Corruption Error with tools (DISM and SFC)
- Open Command Prompt (CMD) with Administrator right.
- Type Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth this command will repair the entire components store but it will take some time
- After completion of above command type sfc /scannow
- After completion of scan Restart your PC
- Now please give a try to update your system hopefully it will help.
Solution 3: Install Windows 10 Latest Update Manually
If your download or installation stuck in between you can go for manual updating of Windows 10. But make sure that you have deleted the previously installed update which stuck in between because of which you are getting Windows 10 Update Error 0xc1900101. For deleting incomplete update follow the same steps as we followed in solution 1.
- Once you are done with un-installation proceeds with next steps.
- Go to Windows 10 download site and click on Update Now button. This is nothing but Windows 10 Update Assistant.
- Once you’ll click on Update Now one .exe file will be downloaded which you can Run now, or if you want to do it later then you can save this .exe file also.
- Then finally click on Update Now button and follow the prompts to install the update.
Solution 4: Stop Automatic Updates on Windows 10
If you tried all the above methods still you are facing the same issue then we will suggest disabling automatic updates. By disabling automatic updates you will not face these errors again because your system will not check for any new updates and it will not try installing them. But suppose you want to install some of the windows updates then there is always a chance to install updates manually.
- For disabling Automatic Updates press Win + R then type services.msc
- Double click to launch Windows Update service properties
- Now select Startup Type: Disabled and click on OK
- Restart your system once to make these changes happen.
If you are facing issues apart from whatever we have discussed here please feel free to contact us. You can drop comments we will see and try to reach out to as soon as possible.