How to Turn Off Notifications in Google Chrome: Google Chrome is one of the most widely used web browsers of today’s era. It came around a decade ago for Microsoft Windows and it literally out performed every single web browser in market. Then, it was slowly ported to other Operating Systems like Linux, macOS, iOS, and Android. In all the Android based devices, Google Chrome is the default web browser. I am also using Google Chrome for years and I must say it is worth the praise it is getting in the market.
Also Read: PUBG Emulators for MAC and Windows
Google chrome often gives you an extremely smooth and steady user experience. However, there is one thing I have noticed in the recent past that has annoyed me to some extent while using Google Chrome. This annoying thing is the bunch of notifications that Google Chrome sends to us. These notifications can be useful if they are coming from only few of the sites. However, sometimes the number of notifications are so large that you started to feel annoyed. So, it is important on our side to control the number of notifications and the type of notifications we want to receive as per our requirement.
How to Turn Off Notifications in Google Chrome
One good thing about the notifications is Google Chrome is that we can control them to an extremely granular level. So, depending upon our needs, we can do the following:
- Block all the notifications
- Block few sites for sending us the notifications
- Allow few sites to send us the notifications
Different users have different needs. Some people don’t like any notifications at all. If you are one of those users, then you can simply disable all the notifications in Google Chrome. Also, if you want to be selective in terms of which site can send you the notifications, then you can configure that as well. So, now that we have the idea of what all we can do, let us start exploring all the possible solutions we have in order to turn off notifications in Google Chrome.
Turn Off Notifications in Google Chrome (for PC Users)
PC users should follow the steps mentioned in this section to turn off notifications in Google Chrome. These steps are very simple, and we have also included the screenshots for your reference. So, let us get started.
- Launch Google Chrome on your PC and click on 3 vertical dots at the top right.
- Here, click on Settings option.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Advanced.
- Under Privacy and Security section, click on Site Settings option.
- Now choose Notifications.
- Here, you can configure the notifications as per your need. We have listed all the possible options for you below:
- Block all notifications: If you want to block all the notifications in Google Chrome, then you can simply toggle off the Ask before sending option. This will make sure you don’t receive any notification from Google Chrome and browse freely without any intervention.
- Block selected sites: If you want to block some selected sites from sending you the notifications, you can add all those sites here. Just click on Add button and enter the URL of the site you want to block for sending the notifications.
- Add selected sites: If you want to allow some of the sites to send you the notifications, you can add all those sites here. Just click on Add button and enter the URL of the site you want to add for sending the notifications.
- That’s all. Using these steps, you can easily configure the notifications in Google Chrome.
Turn Off Notifications in Google Chrome (for Android Users)
Android users can use the steps listed below to turn off notifications in Google Chrome.
- Launch Google Chrome on your Android device and click on 3 vertical dots at the top right.
- Here, tap on Settings option.
- Under the Advanced section, tap on Site Settings.
- Now, tap on Notifications.
- If you want to completely turn off notifications, then toggle off the Notifications option.
- If you want to allow or block notifications from selected sites, then follow the steps listed below:
- Visit the site you want to block to send notifications.
- Tap on info icon on the top of the address bar.
- Now tap on Site settings > Notifications. If you don’t see the setting here, website can’t send you the notifications.
- Choose Allow or Block.
- That’s it. You have successfully turned off notifications in Google Chrome.
So, these were the easy yet most efficient methods to turn off notifications in Google Chrome. Hope you liked this article on How to turn off notifications in Google Chrome. Also, if you are stuck somewhere and need some guidance, feel free to reach out to us via comments or Contact Us page. We will try to resolve your issue at the earliest.