How To Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages: Snapchat is the league of best social apps from last so many years. It has a feature which makes it different from any other app that is disappearing message or snaps. If you are a Snapchat user you must know whatever shared whether message, image or video will be disappeared after few seconds automatically. It’s quite unique thing and interesting feature don’t you think!
However there are certain cases when you desperately want to recover deleted Snapchat messages. What you think is it possible to recover deleted messages from Snapchat? Till now you might have got the idea that answer is yes, it is possible to recover deleted Snapchat messages.
This post “How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages” will help you in recovering your deleted messages no matter you are using Android or iOS. Let us find out how it can be done.
There are couple of ways to recover deleted Snapchat messages we’ll start with the easiest method and go on.
Also Read : Latest Android Features – Android Pie
Save your Snapchat Messages
For this you don’t need extra software or anything it is just a game of settings. From starting we are saying that this is Snapchat feature. If it is a feature then there should be a setting to turn it off. To changes setting just follow the steps discussed below:
- Open Snapchat and we are considering that you are logged in to your Snapchat account.
- Open chat list by right swiping the screen.
- Now using chat button at the upper left corner and search for a contact with you wants to chat.
- Now send one message it will come to chat window. Do long press on that message unless it will turn grey and bold.
- By doing this, it signifies that you are keeping this message it will not be deleted even if you leave chat window. This same setting will be applied for the message you’ll receive after this.
- In case you want to keep this message any longer again do long press until it becomes normal. Then it will be vanished after 10 seconds.
By this method you can save new messages or future message but what about messages which already deleted? For that, we have different method and that is quite difficult don’t worry we will explain that too in detail.
How To Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages
You might not know once your message is deleted after 10 seconds it will be stored in your device. We just need to access that location to recover deleted Snapchat messages. Deleted messages will be stored with .nomedia extension. Ideally this means no app will be using this folder but you can access it with the below mentioned steps.
- Basic thing you have to do is to find com.snapchat.android folder. Mostly it will be present in message folder inside file manager.
- Inside this several folders and sub-folders will be there you have to find nomedia extension. In most of the cases these type of data is invisible for other apps for safety purpose. If you will get this then you can easily recover deleted Snapchat messages.
- Now select each and every file with this extension and rename them by removing nomedia extension. This way you can read deleted Snapchat messages.
To be frank we want to tell you it’s quite difficult to find folders. However you can give it a try and check whether you are able to recover deleted Snapchat messages.
If you are not able to find folder or the first method is not working we have third party tools for this purpose. We have discussed about these third party tools for both iOS and Android below you can also give it a try.
How To Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages on Android
We are having one third party tool which helps you in recovering deleted messages on Snapchat. This tool is developed by Fone Lab and it is available for free – Download for Windows
- First of all download and install this tool on your PC.
- Enable USB debugging on the phone and connect your phone to PC through USB Data cable.
- Now go to Fone Lab tool under that you will find Android Data Recovery section
- After this select contacts and messages, then click on Next. This way your phone will be rooted automatically.
- Once rooting is complete you’ll be able to see all the messages that have been deleted from your phone including Snapchat messages.
- Now it’s up to you which all messages you want to retrieve.
- First select the messages and then click on Recover and wait until the messages are recovered.
Hopefully with this method you will be able to recover deleted Snapchat messages on your Android device. For iOS device we have discussed in next section of this article
How To Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages on iOS
Recovering deleted messages on iOS is almost similar to Android. Third party tool is also provided by the same company that is Fone Lab. Download Fone Lab tool to recover deleted Snapchat messages on iOS – Download for Mac
- First of all Download and Install the Fone Lab Tool on your Mac.
- Connect your iPhone to PC through USB Data cable and wait until phone enters Recovery from iOS device model.
- Now you will see a start scan button on your phone, press it. After this your phone will be scanned and all your iPhone data will be displayed within Fone Lab Tool.
- Now look for the Message section on the menu from the left and click on it. After this all messages including Snapchat messages should be there.
- Choose the messages you want to retrieve and then click on the recover button present at right bottom.
- You are almost done now just choose the destination folder for the messages and wait until recovery process is done.
These are some methods to Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages on Android and iOS. You can choose which one suits you and in case of any query connect with us via comments section.