How to fix Windows Error 0xc00000e9: Windows is one the most popular operating system. It is available in different versions and Windows 7 is the popular among them. After Windows 7 they released two more major variants those are Windows 8 and Windows 10. But unfortunately these two versions faced some criticism because Microsoft made some big changes that were unacceptable for some users. Some users liked this new interface but some totally discarded this. But nevertheless we have to go with the flow. Being any variant of Windows it has some error and bugs, which is quite common also with such big operating system. Despite of these issues or bugs Windows is one of the most used operating system.
Are you also using Windows operating system? Are you getting Windows error 0xc00000e9? Well, there are so many different errors for Windows Operating System but today’s our focus is on how to fix windows error 0xc00000e9. You are also one of the victims of Windows error 0xc00000e9? Don’t worry these errors are quite common these days. When we went through different forums we found there are so many users facing Error 0xc00000e9. Usually users will get these errors while installing windows update. It leads to a blank screen while booting operating system and it will not allow you to initiate it. We also heard that this error 0xc00000e9 allows you to boot in safe mode only not in Normal mode.
What Causes Windows Error Code 0xc00000e9?
Basic reason for these types of errors is PC components are not being properly connected to your computer. Sometimes BIOS/CMOS settings, defected hardware or corrupt system files can be the reason for error code 0xc00000e9.
Another possible reason is that your computer is affected by virus and it is corrupting the registry files and data which are required for start process. Actually when your system starts it will call other programs and registry files for startup purpose. These files are infected by this malicious software i.e. virus. You might be thinking that your system is having Antivirus but let me tell you sometimes these antiviruses are unable to detect some malicious software.
This Error code 0xc00000e9 may come if you recently updated any program and that is incompatible with your current operating system. Or recently you uninstalled software which is required by operating system to run.
Is your system is abruptly shut down while downloading or installing some files? This can lead you to windows error code 0xc00000e9 due to loss or corruption of data.
Sometimes your hard drive might be the reason behind error code 0xc00000e9. Usually life span of hard drives is limited and most of the users are not aware of this. It depends on the usage, quality and maintenance.
How To Fix Windows Error 0xc00000e9?
Now you must be aware of the causes of error code 0xc00000e9. There is no single method that will work for anyone so you have to analyze which one suits you. We have discussed some common methods to fix Windows Error 0xc00000e9.
Also Read : Fix Windows Error 0x800f081f
- First of all you need to shut down your device and then Press Power Button.
- Enter in BIOS setting by long press ESC/F2/F12/Delete. Generally these are Keys assigned to enter in BIOS settings. You can also check the user manual as per your PC manufacturer.
- After entering BIOS Setup Utility go to Boot Options.
- Now here you have to check whether Hard Drive is your 1st Boot Device or not. If not, you have to use arrow key to highlight the hard drive and then move it on the top of the list.
- Finally save the changes and then reboot your device. It might have fixed error 0xc00000e9.
Drivers can also be one of the reasons for windows error 0xc00000e9. Suppose, if you drives are not up to the mark then hardware can’t communicate with software. So before coming to conclusion that driver is causing 0xc00000e9 issue you have to check your device have the latest drivers or not. If not, you can choose either manual or automatic update method.
Manual Update: For manually updating drivers you have to visit manufacturer’s website and check for most recent correct driver. If you find any please install them. Now restart your device to check error 0xc00000e9 still there or not.
Automatic Update: If you are not confident on the drivers go for Drive Easy. It will automatically check and gives you the list of drives which you need to update.
- First of all download and install Drive Easy.
- Once installation is done click on Scan Now. It will give you the list of the drivers which need to be updated.
- Now you can update drivers one by one or click on update all (if you have pro version of drive easy).
- Restart your device and see whether this fix windows error 0xc00000e9 or not.
Run Disk Check
- As we said hard drives can also be one of the possible reasons for error code 0xc000009. So it’s better to perform disk check and be confident about the reason.
- First of all boot your device into safe mode.
- Open command prompt with Administration rights. (Type CMD in search bar and Run it as administrator).
- Type command chkdsk /f /r and hit enter.
- Enter ‘Y’ it might take some time. If you don’t have time to wait for disk check to complete and restart you can schedule it again.
If none of the above solution works then this is the last option you have. It might be the case that while installing or updating your device it accidentally shut downs and restarted. In that case some incomplete downloads will be there. So it’s better to re-install windows on your device. It will permanently removes all data and settings and most likely to fix Windows Error 0xc00000e9.
We have discussed some common methods for fixing windows error 0xc00000e9. If you are facing any issues with any of these methods do let us know. You can comment your queries below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.