How to fix Spotify Error Code 4: Spotify, as we all know, is the leading audio streaming platform. With over 159 million active users, Spotify is the king of online audio streaming platform. The kind of user experience Spotify provides is exceptional. Spotify is growing and extending its arms every day. Spotify is currently active in 61 countries and has an extremely huge library of 35 million songs. The numbers speak for itself. They clearly tell you how big, reliable, and exceptional Spotify is.
As a famous quote says, with great power, comes great responsibility, Spotify has to make 159 million users happy. Maintaining such a huge user base is a great responsibility within itself. Though Spotify has done an exceptional job by providing a smooth and steady user experience to all the users, there are few instances where users have faced few issues while using Spotify. In this article, we would be talking about one such issue called Spotify Error Code 4. The Spotify Error Code 4 comes with an error message that quotes:
No internet connection detected. Spotify will automatically try to reconnect when it detects an internet connection (Error Code: 4)
This is one of the most annoying error a user can face because it won’t let you use Spotify. The Spotify No Internet Connection Detected is usually caused due to incorrect Internet Settings. There can be other reasons as well and we will be covering them all in the next section where we provide different methods to fix Spotify Error Code 4. So, let us start fixing this error now.
Also Read: Spotify Error Code 3
How to fix Spotify Error Code 4: No Internet Connection Detected
In this section, we will be providing different methods to fix Spotify No Internet Connection Detected Error. We have tried to keep the steps as simple as possible so that every user can use them to fix Spotify Error Code 4. So, let us start fixing the error.
Method 1: Configure correct DNS on your System
As discussed above, Spotify Error Code 4 is usually caused to incorrect DNS settings. So, let us start configuring the DNS properly to get rid of Spotify No Internet Connection Detected Error. Just follow the steps given below to configure the DNS and you should be good to go.
- Go to Control Panel and choose Network and Internet option.
- Click on Network and Sharing option.
- On the left panel, you will see an option for Change Adapter Settings. Click on it.
- Now, right click on your Active internet connection and choose Properties.
- Click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then click on Properties at the bottom.
- Now, choose the radio button for Use the following DNS Server address and enter the following in Preferred and Alternate DNS Server:
- Preferred DNS Server: 184.108.40.206
- Alternate DNS Server: 220.127.116.11
- Click on OK and close the Control Panel.
Now try to launch Spotify again and check if it able to connect to the internet now. Hopefully, it should resolve Spotify Error Code 4. However, if this method is unable to fix Spotify No Internet Connection Detected error, then you can try the next method which should certainly help you in resolve this issue.
Method 2: Change Proxy Type in Spotify
Follow the instructions given below to change the proxy type in Spotify. Make sure you try different values of Spotify before giving up.
- Launch Spotify on your system.
- Go to Spotify’s Settings.
- Now, under Proxy Type drop down, select HTTPS and save the changes. Now try to check if Spotify is able to connect to the internet.
- If HTTPS doesn’t work, try Auto Detect and No Proxy one by one and check if the Spotify Error Code 4 still persists.
So, these were the few methods to fix Spotify Error Code 4: No Internet Connection Detected. We hope you liked this article on How to fix Spotify Error Code 4 and you were able to resolve your issue using the steps we have shared. Also, If you also find a way to fix Spotify Error Code 4, please share it with us using comments. That would help other fellow members to resolve this issue easily. Also, in case you are stuck somewhere and need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us through comments. We will do our best to help you out. Thanks.