chrome://history/chrome://extensions/How to fix Gmail Error Code 76997: Gmail is one of the most extensively used e-mail services. It has been developed and supported by Google and it has more than 1 billion active users all across the world. These numbers clearly showcase the popularity of this application. In fact, countless other applications use Gmail for allowing their users to sign up quickly. Apart from the e-mail service, it also provides a simple and easy to use chatting application also which is embedded in Gmail only.
I have been using Gmail for so many years and I never faced any issue. However, yesterday I was trying to send an email through Gmail but I couldn’t send it. As soon as I clicked on the Send button, a pop up appeared with an error message that said:
Oops… a server error occurred and your email was not sent (#76997)
This error code (#76997) did not allow me to send an email. I thought it could be a network glitch and tried to send it again but unfortunately, this was not the case. The email was not sent once again and it threw the same error one more time. It was really frustrating because it was an important mail and I was not able to send it.
If you are also facing the Gmail Error Code 76997, I very well know what you are going through. In order to fix Gmail Error Code 76997, I tried to search for it over the web, but couldn’t find any relevant article. I spent a decent amount of time and tried digging into this error and finally solved it. Since we do not have enough relevant content on the web to fix Gmail Error Code 76997, I thought of writing an article to provide our audience with the methods to fix Gmail Error Code 76997.
HOW TO FIX GMAIL ERROR CODE 76997
In this section, we will be providing a number of methods to resolve Gmail Error Code 76997. Please make sure you follow the instructions carefully while implementing the methods given below.
METHOD 1: CHECK YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION
Though this may not be the actual method to get rid of Gmail Error Code 76997, no internet connectivity can also fix Gmail Error Code 76997. There have been numerous cases where no internet connection caused the error code 76997. So, it is better you double internet connectivity on your device and make sure the internet is working properly.
METHOD 2: CLEAR CACHE MEMORY OF GOOGLE CHROME
If you are using Gmail in Google Chrome, then you should try clearing out the cache memory and browsing history of Google Chrome. Clearing out cache memory and browsing history is not really tough. You can simply follow the steps mentioned below to resolve Gmail Error code 76997.
- Go to Google Chrome History by typing the following in the Google Chrome address bar.
- From the left panel, click on the option of Clear Browsing History.
- This will open a pop-up window with one drop down option for selecting the Time Range and three checkboxes.
- Please select All Time from the drop down of Time Range.
- Also, make sure all the three checkboxes for Browsing History, Cookies, and Cached images and files are selected.
- Once you are ready with these setting, click on Clear Data button.
- Now try to send the mail that was causing Gmail Error Code 76997. You should not get this error anymore.
METHOD 3: DISABLE UNWATED GOOGLE CHROME EXTENSIONS
Unwanted and lot of extensions can also cause Google Chrome Error 76997. It always advised not to keep too many extensions on Google Chrome. It not only slows down this browser but also creates some unknown issues for a lot of other applications also. So, it is better to disable the extensions that are no more required. You can also try disabling all the extensions, try sending the email and then you can enable the required extensions. If you do not know the steps to disable the extensions, no need to worry. We have prepared a step by step and simple guide for this purpose. Simply follow the steps mentioned below to disable any extension of your choice.
- Go to Google Chrome Extensions by typing the following in the Google Chrome address bar.
- This will take you to a page having all the available extensions installed on your Google Chrome.
- Also, each extension has a button along with them that you can use to enable or disable them.
- So, choose the extension that you want to disable and use the button alongside that extension to disable it.
Once you have implemented all the steps to this point, try to send the email that was causing the error and check if this method was able to fix Gmail Error Code 76997.
So these were the few methods to fix Gmail Error Code 76997. Hope you were able to resolve Gmail Error Code 76997. If you are still not able to resolve this error code, feel free to drop your query in the comment section below. We will try to resolve your issue as soon as possible.